A popular restaurant chain based out of North Carolina is now getting grilled themselves. The Golden Corral Corporation is coming under fire after selling food that was unfit for human consumption. Plaintiffs in both Seattle, Washington and Casper, Wyoming have come out claiming that employees of Golden Corral restaurant had been negligent towards health precautions and correct procedures taken as part of a class action lawsuit.
The restaurant goers are seeking monetary compensation for medical bills as well as damages received after being subject to lackluster food preparation. The controversy started when an outbreak called Norovirus, caused hundreds of people in a small Wyoming town to become ill.
Over the winter, health investigators have found reports claiming overall negligence on the Golden Corral employees’ part. This includes serving uncooked and/or raw meat to patrons, as well as not properly cleaning plates and dishes. A few cases of customers vomiting inside the dining hall have surfaced as well. Other symptoms of this virus include stomach cramps, diarrhea, and dehydration. The Seattle law firm representing the plaintiffs whose total number may reach 7,000, is Marler Clark.